Hi, I’m Will. I’m a Manchester-based marketer and writer, who has been working professionally in music and cultural marketing for the past ten years. I started out as a music journalist for regional and national titles, then became a content creator and copywriter for regional concert promoters before progressing into full-service marketing management roles.
I have since gone on to head up marketing campaigns on both client and agency side, with first hand experience of every aspect.
I am now Director of Marketing at From the Fields, overseeing the promotions of award-winning music festivals, grassroots cultural events and everything in between.
Clients and Campaigns
bluedot · Kendal Calling · Parklife · The Warehouse Project · The Football League · Sunderland AFC · Queens Park Rangers · AFC Bournemouth · Snowbombing · Festival No.6 · Obonjan · Victoria Warehouse · Now Wave · In The City
Best New Festival (for Festival of the Sky): UK Festival Awards 2019
Best Medium Festival (for bluedot): UK Festival Awards 2019
Best Non-Music Festival (for Festival of the Sky): UK Festival Awards 2019
Best Marketing Campaign (for Kendal Calling): UK Festival Awards 2018
- Development and execution of full, year-round marketing campaigns for events with combined audience of over 60,000
- Project management of new brands, from concept to execution
- Briefing and management of all third-party agencies and freelancers, including Press, Design, Photography and Videography
- Full ownership of crisis communication strategy and execution
- Brand Partnership campaigns (online and offline), including Twitter Amplify for the likes of Utilita and Premier League clubs
- Hiring, Briefing and In-Event Directing of all on-site content creators
- Customer Services, including management of out-sourced customer comms
- Client relations, reporting direct to key stakeholders as account lead
- Oversight of £400k+ marketing budgets
- Creative Skills: Copywriting; Graphic Design; Video Editing and Hosting; Podcast Scripting, Guest Booking and Production
- Technical Skills: SEO, Paid Media, Livestreaming