I will be cycling 300 miles in March 2021 for Cancer Research UK. Every penny makes a huge difference to vital cancer research so please show your support with a donation. If you’re feeling extra generous, please share to your friends!
Hi, I’m Will. I’m a Manchester-based marketer and writer, who has been working professionally in music and cultural marketing for the past ten years. I started out as a music journalist for regional and national titles, then became a content creator and copywriter for regional concert promoters before progressing into full-service marketing management roles.
I have since gone on to direct the marketing for brands both in-house and agency side, with first hand experience of every aspect.
I am now Director of Marketing at From the Fields, overseeing the promotions of music festivals, grassroots cultural events and everything in between. My work has been recognised at the UK Festival Awards for bluedot, Kendal Calling and Festival of the Sky.
Explore recent work…
Clients and Campaigns
I have worked in entertainment marketing for the past ten years, starting out as a music journalist, content creator and copywriter for concert promoters before moving into full-service marketing management. I have since gone on to direct marketing for award-winning major brands on both client and agency side, with an intimate understanding and experience of every aspect of the role.
bluedot · Kendal Calling · Parklife · The Warehouse Project · The Football League · Sunderland AFC · Queens Park Rangers · AFC Bournemouth · Snowbombing · Festival No.6 · Obonjan · Victoria Warehouse · Now Wave · In The City
Video Direction [Click to Play]
Best New Festival (for Festival of the Sky): UK Festival Awards 2019
Best Medium Festival (for bluedot): UK Festival Awards 2019
Best Non-Music Festival (for Festival of the Sky): UK Festival Awards 2019
Best Marketing Campaign (for Kendal Calling): UK Festival Awards 2018
- Development and execution of full, year-round marketing campaigns for events with combined in-person attendance of over 60,000 and online audience of over 300,000
- Project management of new brands, from concept to execution
- Briefing and management of all third-party agencies and freelancers, including Press, Design, Photography and Videography
- Full ownership of crisis communication strategy and execution
- Brand Partnership campaigns (online and offline), including Twitter Amplify for the likes of Utilita and Premier League clubs
- Hiring, Briefing and In-Event Directing of all on-site content creators
- Customer Services, including management of out-sourced customer comms
- Client relations, reporting direct to key stakeholders as account lead
- Oversight of £400k+ marketing budgets
- Creative Skills: Copywriting; Graphic Design; Video Editing and Hosting; Podcast Scripting, Guest Booking and Production
- Technical Skills: SEO, Paid Media, Livestreaming
“Will is a very talented, creative and resourceful marketer and project manager. He is a consummate professional and a great person to have alongside when in the deadline trenches”
– Mike Walsh, Head of Music at Radio X and XFM / Hyundai Mercury Prize judge
“Will has a great ability to apply and execute his creativity. He makes good stuff happen.”
– Chris Hawkins, BBC Radio 6 Music
“Working with Will during his time at The Warehouse Project was an absolute pleasure. Whilst he was client side and us the agency, it always felt like we were a team trying to achieve the same thing. He was great at motivating and was very understanding of how things worked our side and what we needed to deliver our results. He’s incredibly calm, a quick thinker and manages to bring the right level of humour in just when it’s needed.”
– Angie Towse, Founding Director at The Rest Is Noise PR